LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78355 - 08/29/05 09:20 AM Tree stand???
steelieosus Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Iraq
I have been living in north carolina for the last five years or so now. I should be coming back home to washington soon hello hello hello and was wandering if anyone uses climing tree stands for deer out their now. I have two in the garadge but if they would be useless out their I will probably sell them. I know they have been amazing out here with the white tail poor ol things never knew what hit em. Gotta say I'm going to miss getting 6 deer a year laugh

#78356 - 08/29/05 07:17 PM Re: Tree stand???
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
depends on where you're going to hunt. north east washington would be an ideal place to treestand hunt, 'cause there's lots o' trees wink . i don't think that western washington blacktail country would be good treestand material--it's soo thick and brushy. i haven't hunted blacktail much, though, so maybe i've got it wrong. i hunt deer mostly in the n.e. portion of the state and we use 'em mostly for the first few hours in the a.m.. some guys (like my partner) can stay up there all day....i have to get out of there and walk around a bit. where are you moving back to?

willy

#78357 - 08/30/05 12:59 AM Re: Tree stand???
steelieosus Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I'll be moving back to the fort lewis area. I think I may just keep em who knows it may be the tickit. let somebody else do the foot work a push ol mossy oak wright to me laugh

#78358 - 09/05/05 12:08 AM Re: Tree stand???
Musicman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Roy
Not all blacktail habitat is brushy and thick to the point that you couldn't use a tree stand. I'd keep em, cause you can use em for elk on both side of the mountain not to mention muleys and whitetail. I know people who use em for blacktail on the west side. you'd be surprised at how well you see into brush when elevated. Good luck when you get back to Ft Lewis, the fort has some dandy blacktail bucks on post hunting grounds.

#78359 - 09/05/05 03:52 PM Re: Tree stand???
steelieosus Offline
Juvenille at Sea

hey thanks for your input musicman, I was raised in washington and most of the hunting i did was stalking or drive's, It wasent untill i got to north carolina with their regs ( got to be 8 feet off the ground when hunting with a center fire rifle) that I started using a tree stand. I personally love using them now. I am sure that a creek bed with hard woods would probably be the tickit as one could climb a good ways up. well thanks agin for your thoughts on it. Who know's maybe I can get BW up in a tree stand eek

#78360 - 09/08/05 07:30 PM Re: Tree stand???
m_ray Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: East Kent
I have used them in both eastern and western Washington & Oregon for deer, elk & bear DON'T SELL!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1400 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |