LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78718 - 12/27/05 01:36 PM Cougar Hunting anyone?
Bearhunter Offline
Parr

Loc: Covington, WA.
New to the boards, so Hi. I'm looking for a Cougar/Bear Hunting partner. Anyone in the King County area, (preferably south king county)that presently cougar or bear hunts and need a partner? I have been interested in it for awhile now and have wondered around up the North Fork road. I haven't done it much since I didn't figure it was really too safe trying to call in a cougar or bear when I was by myself. (Would be nice to have another person out there to watch my backside).
I have an electronic game caller with remote control and would really like to get some good use out of it.
Anyone going cougar hunting anytime soon?

#78719 - 12/27/05 10:51 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
Mad Max Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo Wa
E mail me
I do it and have done it
(called in a big female ), usually go alone
Kitsap county location

#78720 - 12/27/05 11:33 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Here's a good one I took last year near the Madison River in Montana.

#78721 - 12/28/05 11:05 AM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
Mad Max Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo Wa
Nice cat, did you call it in ?

#78722 - 12/28/05 11:36 AM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
Bearhunter Offline
Parr

Salmonella, nice cat!!! I'll have to dig out this pic that was sent to me last year from my buddy that lives in North Bend. It's a pic of this cat a guy got just out of North Bend last year...it was a freakin huge cat.
Two years ago, my huntin buddy had to shoot a big old male that was coming down the hill towards him and the deer he was field dressing. He said he tried to scare it off first, but the cat was determined to get that deer...or him, so he took the cat out. That thing filled the bed of his truck, it was so big.
And Max, I'll email you early part of next week, after I get back from my steelheadin trip to Forks tomorrow, for the next 4 days.
thanks for the offer....Bearhunter

#78724 - 12/28/05 02:22 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
god damn. my friends dad has the state record cat on his wall. i think its the archery record. but that cat right there is huge. and missing a paw. it looks like on of the old tom cats you see in the alley missing an ear or two.

#78725 - 12/28/05 03:05 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
Bearhunter Offline
Parr

Yep, that's the one Stam. It was HUGE!!!

#78726 - 12/30/05 10:07 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
rufftuggins Offline
Egg

Hey bearhunter, not a bad idea to have two hunters especially if theres cats that big rollin around. my buddy had two almost simultaneously come in to a call. he saw one but didnt see the other untill it was 20 yds away. couldnt get a clean shot with his bow, to bad he didnt have a gun on him. I would be willing to go somewhere close. I'm in renton/iss. area

#78727 - 01/05/06 07:50 PM Re: Cougar Hunting anyone?
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

The story of that big cat is on gamefishin.com in the hunting section by the mod and shooter going by jjhack.

A good spot to track em down in the snow rather than call is up above Liberty (on the Blewet Pass sp?) road above Ellenburg. I used to elk hunt there and there are tons of kitty's. The ridge above Elk Heights is another good spot. We had a cat trail us up there one time in the dark. When we found his tracks on top of ours the pucker factor kicked into high gear!
Good luck.
If you have a snowmobile I also know a guy who will take you hound hunting in ID. Nice dude and does it just for the fun not for $.
I've kind of befriended him and he's offered to take me but I bet I could set it up for you.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1226 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |