Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#337101 - 03/04/07 08:57 AM Disabled hunting
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
I am now officially crippled up enough that I am putting in my crossbow permit application. Torn tendons in both arms, both shoulders are screwed up, and my back is toast. Every disc from T-10 down is herniated, three discs are dried out, and I have three vertebra putting pressure on my spinal canal. Here are some questions. Does any one know of good local areas that a couple of crippled up hunters, (Dad and I) and my wife would be able to access easy. Dad doesn't walk more than 50 yards. I go about the same and stop for a break then move. Kicking brush is out. I have been in touch several times with Brenda Kane from DFW and am on the draw list for access keys. I hunt Fort Lewis and the normal high pressure areas already. I might even be willing to pay a reasonable price for private land access. Eastern WA is also an option. I would love for my Dad and wife to get shots at something nice or an elk. Neither have ever shot an elk and Dad's health is pretty bad. His docs don't want him hunting, but he is ignoring them. Anyway enough sob story. Back to the questions. Any good easy access in WA to set up a blind? Anybody with Private land willing to let us hunt? Game recovering is not a problem. It will just take me time (and lots of pain meds ). Anderson Island would be great too. I have a couple friends who are checking for me already. Seasons are not an issue either. We are flexible in hunting options. Archery, ML, or modern. Anyone who doesn't want to post direct can email me or PM me. Thanks, Jim

#337143 - 03/04/07 04:10 PM Re: Disabled hunting [Re: Big Jim]
Raffpap Offline
Parr

We have several disabled access areas over here in E. Washington. I'm assuming there could be some on the westside. The WDFW has been working towards increasing disabled access and acreage. One that comes to mind is off the Hunter-Springdale road in Springdale, WA, GMU 121. It is a gated access area with a dirt road that leads into state land. A special permit is needed. With this permit a disabled hunter is given the combination to the lock so he/she may enter. Also I believe the disabled hunter may have someone drive for them and assist as necessary. The elk herd in this area is not large but there are lots of whitetails. I hope this has helped! The WDFW would probably be your best resource, though. Good luck!

#337462 - 03/06/07 12:39 AM Re: Disabled hunting [Re: Raffpap]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
The area at the Manchester Navy fueling center used to be open to disabled hunters, may still be. Blacktail deer. Is located between Port Orchard, and Southworth ferry landing. I dont know who to contact, though someone on the board here might, good luck.

#337505 - 03/06/07 03:12 AM Re: Disabled hunting [Re: N W Panhandler]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Yeap, been to Indian Island. I think that is the Manchester bay one. If not, oh well. I already get the drawing info for gate access keys too. Been drawn for Elbe and Capitol Forest. Also Dad got picked for Sherwood Forest. Good areas, just not alot of decent animals. Hard to find big stuff near easy access. Thanks, Jim

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Big Fisher, Satan, Tackle Shack
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 845 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |