I understand that there is a Spring turkey season. I would anticipate going with a guide for at least the first time until I learn the ropes (unless some successful turkey hunter on this board would like to let me tag along). I have an old 12 guage shotgun my grandfather got in the 40's or 50's from Sears. The thing works fine. I've shot plenty of pheasant with it. However, I am not sure it is suitable for turkey hunting. Most of the guns I see being used are specialty or modified shotguns made specifically for turkey shooting. I know there are certain choke adaptors available to put on a standard 12 guage that will tighten your pattern and extend your range, but I am not sure my gun would take one, since it is so old. Can anyone name a good quality gun the sells at a good price that would allow a guy to kill Turkeys effectively and also other game as well. I would prefer one shotgun that can perform various functions. Also, can anyone hunt the Spring Turkey season, or is it a raffle only hunt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I thank everyone on this board for the often thoughtful and helpful replies. Oh, I was also wondering if any of you muzzleload for turkeys?? If so, do you shoot em' with the old 50 cal and round ball, or do you use a muzzleloading shotgun? Thanks in advance. Brass