This Thanskgiving I didn't get to go fishing with Letty, due to low water, so I decided I'd do what I did in years prior, go hunting. I still had a deer tag to fill.

Started with a 3 mile bike trip into my honey hole, nobody at the gate, so I had the whole drainage to myself. First hunt pushing along the edge of a large pond I bumped a VERY nice buck. 12" high rack, thick horned, and he moved away at warp speed. That got my heart pumping, but I couldn't catch up with him.

Hunted a few other spots, and then I had a brake failure, so I walked my bike out. That'll teachme to buy a $25 garage sale bike. wink

Went back home, fixed the bike, and Hunter decided to tag along. The bike ride would be a bit demanding, so we decided to hunt the Mason unit, as it was "any deer". Headed out, and on the way to our first hunt I see "ears". Grab the glasses, yup, two big does. I hop out, look for a rest, but there was none, so I took an off hand shot at 70 yards, and my season was over.

Meat down, #19 in a row, as she dropped in her tracks. Now I can concentrate on the shop again. Hunter was there, so that was pretty cool as well.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.