I was down at the local gunshop last week and was finger-f***ing the 1911's and came across this. It was love at first sight.

It is a Kimber Pro Covert II, Has a 4" barrel so it is legal length to hunt with. Not saying I plan on hunting with it but if carrying it and runnung across a game critter it would be legal to dispatch it with. It has Tritium night sights(glow all the time) and crimson trace lazer grips. Its been a week since I seen her and still cant get it out of my mind. Sooooo....... that means somehow it will be mine. Time to liquidate some stuff. Anyone need a well used, barely functional kidney? How about a two-year-old?(boy) grin guaranteed to be great Lineman material. Or maybe a 7-year old, he gets up early to fish and sleeps on the boat all day, extra limit, just wake him up long enough to reel in his fish. Any way, it will be mine. I have never owned a 1911 or a .45 for that matter. Is there much difference in recoil compared to a .40 s&w? I keep asking why this had to happen in the middle of king season. I am not sure my financial situation can withstand both. I know Stick likes Kimber rifles but what is your take on their pistols? Anyway, back to my sleepless nights.