but it has sure been fun.

I started out this year to try to target some new birds in different areas. this was made much more possible by the fact that eastern WA has been very tough this year because of the weather. So i have been spending a lot of time on the westside of the mountains and targeting new birds. it has taken a lot of miles in the car and a lot of time with the binocs in hand but i have finally found a few areas i can hunt and have some success. i have had lots of goose decoys in my garage for the past 10 years and only used them on occasion. the pile has steadily grown to the point now that i have a very good goose spread and almost nowhere to use it. So i have knocked the dust off and worked on my calling a lot, only to realize that you dont need to call much and the decoys do almost all the work.
here are a couple pictures from this season accomplishing several of my goals for the year. Bands, collars and a couple of aluetians of which i have no pictures. i hope the rest of the season goes as well and i can learn even more about these birds. i already cant wait for next season to really put in some time on these guys.

Edited by D3Smartie (12/15/09 05:14 PM)