Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101199 - 12/14/00 04:28 PM Alaska Kings
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
Where is the best plaace in alska to go to catch big bright kings for a decent price.

#101200 - 12/14/00 05:54 PM Re: Alaska Kings
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
You need to go with Bob Ball, the really big one, on this board. He will put you on the bright ones on the Kasilof.
fp

#101201 - 12/14/00 06:58 PM Re: Alaska Kings
tvhosts Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA USA
I agree. Fly to Anchorage, then drive to the Kenai Peninsula and fish with Bob Ball on the Kasiloff River. Paradise.

Kevin
FH http://www.fishermansheaven.com

#101202 - 12/14/00 07:22 PM Re: Alaska Kings
Robbo Offline
Captain Love, Trust Me

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA, USA
I agree with Fred and Kevin, go with Bob on the Kasilof. We fished with him last year and had a blast.

#101203 - 12/14/00 10:41 PM Re: Alaska Kings
Anonymous
Unregistered

What do you consider big? If 50lbs is big enough and you want to catch lots of them anywhere from 20 to 70 a day then try a camp on the Nushagak River which hosts the largest King Salmon run in Alaska. Alaska King Salmon Adventures is a really nice camp. Here is a address if you would like to check it out www.alaskakingsalmon.com

------------------
Presentation is the key to Success and change can make the difference.www.ChasenADream.com

[This message has been edited by Chasen A Dream (edited 12-14-2000).]

#101204 - 12/15/00 02:15 PM Re: Alaska Kings
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
I would say the Kasilof with Bob or the Kenai
with Mike Kelly out of River Bend resort out of Kenai.In the Kasilof you will catch more fish but the size of the Kenai fish are bigger!!!! on the average!!!!

#101205 - 12/16/00 01:03 PM Re: Alaska Kings
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
Try Steve at 888.285.2665 or his cell 907.252.1763. He books for guides up there. He lives inbetween Soldotna and Keni. He knows who is good and who isn't. Check out whoever you go with. I have seen a lot of the guides up there have their clients punching 25# and 30# fish, that isn't why you go to the Keni. The peak of the run usually is around the 15 of July. So plan your trip around that. The best part of the Keni is when your rod tip slams down you don't know if its a 20 pounder or a 70 pounder

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#101206 - 12/16/00 02:01 PM Re: Alaska Kings
SeaRun2 Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA. USA
I used to guide the Naknek and Nushagak ( Nush only a bit) you can go cheap by doing it on your own. The Naknek is pretty easy to fish in the King Salmon area with the added benefit of being able to chase other species and go to Brooks etc... Rent a boat and do it yourself, staying at the Kingko if you are as poor as myself. Dont mean to offend any of the operations up there or on this website, but it is an option for not-so-affluent people.

#101207 - 12/17/00 10:09 AM Re: Alaska Kings
kingfisher Offline
Fry

Loc: Palmer,Alaska
There are lots of places to go...with or with out a guide.the Kasiloff is just one of them.You can get a guide there or do it your self at crooked creek on the Kasiloff.I live up in the Mat-su valley and fish the willow alot.For forty bucks I get someone to run me down the river in an air boat and get dropped off on a corner.At the peak of the run my wife and i can sometimes hook up with anywhere from 30 to 50 fish each in two days of fishing,sometimes more than that.And they run up to 70 + lbs on that river.If you go it yourself just remember that the best thing you can do is get to the river,have a seat and just watch for awhile.See what other people are using and how they are fishing that water.I don't know how many times I've seen people run down to the Kasiloff wade out into the water up to there chest only to have the fish swimming behind them,or push the fish out into deeper water and ruin the fishing for everyone else around them.And the people there will let you know about it.Also talk to the locals,most people in Alaska are friendly and willing to help outsiders.Good luck to you if you make it up here.e-mail me if you have any questions about fishing the valley.

#101208 - 12/20/00 02:05 AM Re: Alaska Kings
Cornfed Offline
Egg

Loc: Eielson AFB, AK
I am a guide in alaska and have to agree with alot of the posts, the Kenai is the deal up here... The second week in July is usually the peak of the late run. I personally go with Alaska Wildland Adventures (AWA), they are located in Cooper Landing. The charge $195 for a full day of fishing (about the same as all the rest of the kenai guides.) I request the same guide, he fishes the Clackamus down in Oregon in the off season and comes up here in the summer. If you are up before June 10th, AWA offers trips at $95 instead of 195. The bulk of the run isn't in yet, but I cought my 70# in May so who knows. Good luck, email with questions. ulrichs@gci.net

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cfinlip, Fishbait, gkohler
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 669 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |