LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87682 - 03/17/00 12:14 AM Why does this board load so slow now?
Bruce(Coho@TheRefuge) Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bothell, WA, USA
Hey Bob, this takes forever to load now.
Is it the colors?

#87683 - 03/17/00 12:38 AM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
Doug-from-wa Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Bellingham Wa,USA
sounds like you need a cable modem, page loads allmost instantly for me. I love my cable. Bob the big one what kind of system do you run? This site is very nice you do great work. Keep it up!!!

Doug

#87684 - 03/17/00 01:14 AM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
Bottomfeeder Offline
Fry

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
I noticed the same tonigh Bruce. I have a newer machine that usually chugs along fairly well, but loading the page tonight seemed like molasses.

#87685 - 03/17/00 01:58 AM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
Great work Big One. I just got the top of the line computer and it loads FAST!!!

------------------
Tight Lines!!

#87686 - 03/17/00 11:22 AM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
check your connection speed before you try and load the page,usually your host server has a lot to do with your connection baud rate. I have never had a problem with it loading slow,even when the cache cleaning happens during the initial load, although occasionally I have to hit the reload icon because every so often it proclaims document done and there is nothing but a black screen.

[This message has been edited by rainycity (edited 03-17-2000).]

#87687 - 03/19/00 11:17 AM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
Buddy Page Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I was just planning to email you on this one Bob. I have the same problem. I often get only the top part of the page and have to hit reload (sometimes 2-3 times) to get the messages to display. I would report this to the cgi makers tech support, see what they have to say.

I have a 56K modem (cable modems and DSL aren't available at my house yet) and this is the only website I have this problem with. Never had it before you changed to the new look. I really like the new look though...

#87688 - 03/19/00 06:23 PM Re: Why does this board load so slow now?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Singapore but am on a DSL line, and the Board instantly 9 times out of 10. I suspect the problem lies either with most people's ISP's, PC's and/ or modem connection speeds. However, elsewhere in the site (I think under FAQ's), Bob posts summary visitor statistics. I had a look a couple of months back and was amazed at the number of hits per day (thousands). The Board has enormous and growing popularity, and maybe Bob's server gets bogged down during prime viewing times even if you're on a fast machine w/ a big pipe. (I don't have this problem being in a time zone 16 hours away!)

But on the topic of changes noticed since the new format was launched, the printing is now very light. Still legible, but the 'old style' was darker. Any way of increasing the amount of black in the printed words, Bob? Thanks.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 392 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |