Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92854 - 07/15/00 11:32 PM New to the List
Suzuki Sandman Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Lacey,Washington
Hi My name is Dennis Sanders, I'm 28yrs old and live in Lacey, Wa. I have fished the Nisqually all my life, I was wondering if anybody had any luck within the last couple of day's?

I look forward to sharing information with ALL of you.

Rgds,
Dennis

#92855 - 07/16/00 11:15 AM Re: New to the List
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, Wa.
Hey Suzuki, nice to meet you. Haven't been out much lately, the busy season for construction. Take care.

Doubletake

#92856 - 07/16/00 01:27 PM Re: New to the List
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
Welcome. Hey I live over buy the air port. I will be fishing the Nisqually alot this year. I work in Tacom most of the time so I will be stopping on the way home . Maybe see you on the river. I drive a 95 white GMC truck Z-71 with the big bowboy stickers in the side windows. can't mis me.

dcrzfitter

#92857 - 07/16/00 02:13 PM Re: New to the List
Fishin Farmgirl Offline
Smolt

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Welcome to the Board!

I was out on the Delta in front of Nisqually (in my favorite fishin hole) this week a couple times! Wednesday saw a few boats and nothing caught for evening tide change! Friday, the guy on my boat had his line broken off and lost his jig and a beauty...then nothin' for the tide change!

There were 10-12 boats...1/4 trolling, the rest jigging with a couple mooching! Saw ONE fish boated by what I call a lazy mooching technique. (hook on herring...drop to bottom...reel up a few...put pole in holder...stand back...he smoked about 7 cigarettes (maybe THAT'S what did it!)...fish hit...reel in...net and kill the fish!

I'm stayin' north for a while longer till they thicken up!!!

Take care!
L

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein

#92858 - 07/16/00 06:07 PM Re: New to the List
Fishin Farmgirl Offline
Smolt

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Hmmmmmm...Hadn't intended to dis' anyones style OR smoking patterns...only a commentary! (I might try the method myself!!!)

Have a nice day!

L

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein

#92859 - 07/16/00 07:09 PM Re: New to the List
Suzuki Sandman Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Lacey,Washington
Hey Thanks To All Of You,

I think I might have seen you (dcrzfitter). Last week. I believe I saw you fishing near the mounts road bridge. I was driving my little burgandy Subaru. You cant miss me either 5'5" 235lbs, Bald Head and Go-Tee.
I look mexican or Samoan but I'm actually Asian. I came over from the railroad tressle side of the River up north from the mounts road bridge. I stayed for only a few minutes cause the drift at the mounts road bridge was terrible.. Kept getting snaged.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the Nisqually. Please stop and say hello If you see me. I'm usually there from 10:30 to 12noon proir to leaving for work. I'm off Tue and Wed. See Ya There Sometime!!

Suzuki Sandman *;^)

#92860 - 07/16/00 10:03 PM Re: New to the List
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
Who was rude? She was giving accurate information of a fishermans techinque. What are you doing? discrediting her story? Now that might be rude!

#92861 - 07/17/00 12:54 AM Re: New to the List
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
Sandman,

Hey I think I remember seeing you. maybe see you later this week.

#92862 - 07/17/00 01:19 AM Re: New to the List
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Howdy and welcome aBoard. Dang, that was cheesy. Anyway, no fish for me on the Nisqually lately. But I will try and hit it this week. Can't miss me. 6'7" , 350lbs. Full beard, brown hair. tan floater vest with big black Gerber knife on front left side. My rig veries from GMC pickup to Olds 98. So don't look for that. Have a good one.

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

#92863 - 07/17/00 09:52 AM Re: New to the List
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
Went down saturday after work for the last high tide, fished way down below mounts road bridge. nearly got stuck for the night coming back out the road, right rear and left front were not making contact with ground.
Had a couple of small hits down below the guys whom were wading out into the rivers. i was 200 yards below the boat launch, under the big power lines. nice drift and the water crams down going around next corner.
Sunday went up by the rairoad bridge, nothing even rolled, some smolts jumped a couple of times.
Wainting for some RAIN to freshen up the waters.

elmtree (woody)

[This message has been edited by elmtree (edited 07-17-2000).]

#92864 - 07/17/00 10:47 AM Re: New to the List
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Loc: Okanogan, WA
Hit the river about 8 Sunday morn just under I-5 bridge. BtmBounced, spinners, spoons, and, after the arm went numb, plunked with homemade eggs. With the last I did get one hit that lasted for about 2 seconds; and this on the low tide! Still, no surface movement. Later in the morn moved to the Ft Lewis side just upstream of the Mounts Rd bridge. Plunked, relaxed and watched the Indians do their thing. I also will be spending a lot of time on this river after work (Corps of Engineers, Ft Lewis) and on weekends. Drifting, btm bouncing, and plunking eggs has been the most productive for me for the past 6 years on this river (retired from the Navy in '93). Love to chew the fat with any of you on the shore. My rig is a '71 F250 two-tone (old red and old rust) with a black tool box in the back and an 8-track player inside! Tight lines to all of you. Oh, and by the way, I will be back on Wednesday after work (after the nets come out)...Tom

#92865 - 07/17/00 11:02 AM Re: New to the List
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Welcome aboard, haven't been to river yet I too busy tossing from shore still the cutthroat are very acctive though...see ya on the river

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |