Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92504 - 07/08/00 12:34 AM Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Cracker Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kenmore, Wa, USA
I try to keep from plugging anyone on any board, but these guy's deserve it. Mike, Kent, and Brian are the best in the business in the Seattle area. These guys actually fish! and can tell you what's going on, as well as sell you what it takes to get it done. Bravo guys!!!!!!

#92505 - 07/08/00 08:26 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
You hit it right on the head. I have stopped in their twice in the last two years on my way to the Zipper. They are the best. Good Fishermen, good fisherman, and most of all, great people. They even shared their doughnuts with us after a 3 hour plain ride. They UPS all my stuff to me, and always have time to shoot the breeze when I call. What more can you ask for?

#92506 - 07/10/00 02:44 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Chalk up another vote for Ted's Talk all you want about prices at Sportco / GI Joes / Outdoor Emporium ... but in my book, that's all you can talk about. No one provides the service that these guys do ... and I know from experience from placing orders for odd / huge quanities of gear (Costco Bob) in my biz. Thanks for all your help over the years guys!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#92507 - 07/10/00 03:36 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Just DO NOT talk bad about Kent's mom. I know from personal experience.
-Sparkey
formerly Special

#92508 - 07/10/00 08:14 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
hawk Offline
Spawner

I'm with Kent. You can drink my beer, use my fishing rod, make eyes at my wife, and even hunt birds over my dog. But don't be talking bad about my kids or my mom. Howdy Boys

#92509 - 07/10/00 11:09 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
obsessed Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Awwww, now you've embarrassed them. Go in and tell em about these posts. They'll look down, skuff their heels, and be all sheepish and stuff....

#92510 - 07/10/00 12:42 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
Do they do work on fishing reels? I have some older Ambu that I would like to have turn into direct drive with a flick of a button. Links in Seattle use to do it for me years ago. Thanks

------------------
Tight Lines!!

#92511 - 07/10/00 02:27 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
DanO Offline
Smolt

Loc: anadromous, pacific,n.w.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dick:
Do they do work on fishing reels? I have some older Ambu that I would like to have turn into direct drive with a flick of a button. Links in Seattle use to do it for me years ago. Thanks

#92512 - 07/10/00 02:40 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
DanO Offline
Smolt

Loc: anadromous, pacific,n.w.
The reel man at John's Sporting goods in everett, is the best in the NW. I like teds, but I have had 2 bad experiences with reel repair at their store. John's added a direct drive switch to my Bantam 50 about 5 yrs ago, cost $20. Best mooching reel in the universe...

#92513 - 07/10/00 03:38 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I agree about the guy's at Ted's. Overall, they are very helpful. However, they are in Sales. They have recommended lures/poles to me to buy that have not worked as well as they lead me to believe. It appears to me that these guys are being deified unecessarily.

#92514 - 07/10/00 04:23 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
hawk Offline
Spawner

Just remember jeff e'd, the lures, rods, reels, will fish as good as we are capable of fishing them. Nothing is a for sure deal every day on the river. The one thing they can't sell is experience and the feel it takes to consistently hammer fish. I have bought several hundred dollars worth of stuff from there, and haven't been dissapointed yet. On good days, you can catch steelies on nerf football. Been there done that. Of course they are in sales, they have a store. You won't find guys in many stores that are as serious about fishing, like these guys. I could be wrong, but in 23 years of chasing metalheads, they are the biggest fish freaks I have run in to, and to be honest, I get a big as* kick out of talking to them. They will continue to have every dollar of business that I put in to my steelie and salmon gear, and I plan on heading out west some time soon to fish with them. Nuff said.

#92515 - 07/10/00 09:46 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Cracker Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kenmore, Wa, USA
As for John's in Everett, I had him turn me back with an out of box failure 5503 that Ambassador replaced immediately. Also, when I go to a tackle store and spend money, I expect to get straight information on the local fishery. John wants you to buy his $2.00 mailer to get local fishing information. I have to call b.s.

#92516 - 07/10/00 10:06 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
I also had a bad experience with Johns in Everett. I ordered a part for my reel, and they sent me the wrong part, three times!!! I don't understand how they could screw it up sense I gave them the part number.

#92517 - 07/11/00 04:22 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
Where's Ted's?

#92518 - 07/12/00 03:14 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
156th st and Hwy 99 N
Lynnwood, Wa
(425)743-9505

#92519 - 07/12/00 10:31 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
tvhosts Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA USA
One more vote AGAINST John's Sporting Goods in Everett. Grumpy, moody, arrogant! Been in there a few times and customer service is very foreign to him and all his employees. Not sure why he thinks owning a tackle shop makes him a big stud, but apparently he does. I've always found the folks in Ted's to be very nice and helpful.
Kevin

#92520 - 07/12/00 10:56 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Robbo Offline
Captain Love, Trust Me

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA, USA
If any of my friends or clients from down south need anything, I know I can send them to Teds and they'll be well taken care of. Thanks for all the help Mike, Kent, and Brian.

#92521 - 07/12/00 05:55 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Re: John's
I ordered two mounts for my Penn 600's. The next day i received mounts for two scotty's. Boy was I pissed. I called John and he immediately recognized his error. He said the correct item would go out that day. Two days later when I called to find out where the *&%$ my mounts were, he said he hadn't shipped them as he was waiting for my return.
Wassup with that!

------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will spend the rest of his life drinking beer on a boat.

#92522 - 07/12/00 07:47 PM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
obsessed Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Wonder if John has a computer and access to the internet?

#92523 - 07/13/00 05:53 AM Re: Ted's Sporting Goods, Lynnwood
Anonymous
Unregistered

Teds is a great store. If I keep praising them I might get some rays out of them

Should I try begging? It worked for okies

I have some more bigcity interviews coming up in August so I will be back to try again.
How about a webpage promoting your superior store
Tight Lines

------------------
Marty
Steelheader.net marty@steelheader.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1432 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |