LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92929 - 07/17/00 08:36 PM Oooops I did it again!
Fishin Farmgirl Offline
Smolt

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Sheesh...Beware of sharp objects this time of year...they'll mess with your fishin' time!!!!!

I had to remove the 'thingys' that keep the electrical harness all neatly tied together, so I could take off my transducer on the boat, and couldn't locate my gaffs, so I pulled out my buck knife and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY (I thought) cut through the first plastic band. Well, turns out it wasn't a good choice of tool!

As soon as I cut through the plastic doo-wah, the knife continued it's journey into and OUT OF my left thumb!!! NOT a good thing to happen this time of year! Just missed a main nerve and the tendon! (VERY LUCKY!!!!!!) Kind of looked like I was trying to fillet my thumb!

Five stitches later and a tetnus sp? shot and antibiotics, I wait for the healing to come! LUCKILY, I am a lefty reeler, so I won't have too much pressure on my thumb, BUT I'm sure it'll make for an interesting Chinook season!!! Oh how I WISH I could turn back the hands of time!

Never did get the trandsucer removed! Immediately put pressure on it and took off for the Tackle Shop for some assistance!

Guess I'm just feeling a little whiney!!! Give me a couple days...I'll be back out there! (but I think I'll wear my left handed neoprine glove when I fish for a bit!!! Just for some cushioning!)

Hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather!!!

Have fun!

Landlocked L

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Fishin Farmgirl (edited 07-17-2000).]

#92930 - 07/17/00 11:54 PM Re: Oooops I did it again!
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Farmgirl,
I used to work in construction. I remember an old dude out on the job site. He was a sider, the guy who applies siding to the houses. Any way, this guy used to hold the siding in such a way that you would swear he was going to cut off his thumb. I went and asked him about it one day and he was happy to show me his secret. It seems that he had already cut off his thumb twenty years prior and was happy to not have the damn thing get in his way. He did'nt fish by the way. So any way. The only other thing I have to say is,.......OWWWWWWWWW........
later,grumpyr

[This message has been edited by grumpyr (edited 07-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by grumpyr (edited 07-17-2000).]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#92931 - 07/18/00 01:05 PM Re: Oooops I did it again!
potter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Pacific Beach, WA, USA
Send me your knife, I'll have my husband sharpen it. Then it won't cut anything!

#92932 - 07/18/00 01:47 PM Re: Oooops I did it again!
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Ouch!
Filleted my left middle finger shucking oysters about 6 weeks ago. 5 stitches. Was out trolling fly's the next day an Lake Langlois. Used those little things called finger cots. They worked quite well.
Maybe next time I will remember to wear gloves when shucking oysters.
Jeff

#92933 - 07/18/00 07:29 PM Re: Oooops I did it again!
Gonefishin Offline
Fry

when i fillet fish i usually wear a pare of Kevlar gloves. when the knife slips it doesn't cut my hand.

#92934 - 07/19/00 01:14 AM Re: Oooops I did it again!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've filleted myself before , guttin' a trout and the knife slipped and took a 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 out of my index, more funny than pain!, or probably in shock. I fish ol langlois, though it is to overrun with those 10 inch planters to catch the bigguns down there anymore.

------------------
To Hell with the Antis!

C.D

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 459 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |