LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95308 - 09/01/00 04:30 PM Area 9...reports?
PinkCorky Offline
Fry

Loc: Poulsbo
Chris and I went fishing off the beach for opening day in area 9 this morning at Point No Point. We saw about 5 caught early this morning, for about 45 fishermen, in 2 hours. All I caught were flounders, what am I doing wrong??? Is anybody else having the same problem? The guy fishing next to us caught one, but we just couldn't seem to get one. I had a bite, that's it... Also, I noticed that I was one of 2 fisherwomen there, we need to get more women into the business...
Any ideas for my problem would help greatly! Thanks,
Pink

#95309 - 09/01/00 04:41 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
No point fishes best at low slack.

#95310 - 09/01/00 05:34 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
What were you fishing with and how were you fishing it? Flounders are on the bottom (usually) and Salmon (silvers) will be suspended. Fishing at South Whidbey from the bank they use a float with a live herring at about 6' to 8'. Look back at some of Hohwaiin's posts regarding fishing from shore. (try the "search", I think you will find some real good information there.)
Good Luck
Jeff "Fishguts"

#95311 - 09/01/00 05:59 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
IronFisherman Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Silverdale, Washington, U.S.
I went out to my secret spot this morning and had great luck. My mom managed to catch a twenty four inch coho and I managed to catch a twentythree inch, an eighteen inch, and a twentyfive inch fish

#95312 - 09/01/00 08:45 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
PinkCorky Offline
Fry

Loc: Poulsbo
I was fishing with a 2 1/2 oz. blue buzz bomb. Chris was using a chrome one for a while, then resulted to a green one. What should we be using? It looked like most of the people were using buzz bombs though...I've only caught 2 fish so far, a steelhead out of the Dungeness and a silver trolling for a boat at Jeff head. Do I have a curse? HELP!

Thanks,
Melissa

#95313 - 09/02/00 07:19 AM Re: Area 9...reports?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
I've fished fer salmon w/b-bombs for bout 25-30 yr.s. I always preferred any of the pearl finish ones, i.e. blue pearl, black pearl etc. The perch one seems especially effective on blackmouth and works for silvers too. Always went w/the 4"ers in the Tacoma area but since fishin @Whidbey I've downsized to the 3"ers mostly, occasionally 21/2's. In the Tacoma area b-bombs often out fished bait but around Whidbey it seems to be the other way around. I would recomend black, blue or green pearl. Later in the season the hooknose seem to like some red or orange.

One last tip after casting "count-down" your lure. I start w/counting to 15 fore reelin in. If that doesn't work try 20, then 25 etc. Also more than half the time they will take the bomb as it is fallin, i.e. slack line. So, on the uptake of yer jiggin motion, if you feel anything at all different than the hundred or so other times, set the hook quickly.

Try to fish the dawn bite which is between 5-5:30 a.m. right now. Best is the dawn bite combined w/the last of a moderately fast tide, fish thru the slack till it starts movin again.

Hope this helps

Roger

p.s. check out the other posts about usin a bobber-n-herring, fresh works way better than frozen herring--RRR

------------------

[This message has been edited by RRR (edited 09-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RRR (edited 09-02-2000).]

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#95314 - 09/02/00 01:32 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Pink Corky;
Is there any live herring available over there? The best post I found for rigging herring under a float can be found by searching "chinookies". Take a look at that one.
I don't think your cursed. Hang in there. Look back at the thread of "Fishin Farmgirl" for some magic chants and other sure fire tips on "Getting the Skunk Off" Persistence is a must. I figure it's at least a thousand casts per Steelhead. (well, for me anyway) Then one day you will hit two, or even three in a row.
I am heading up to the "Bait Box" on South Whidbey this afternoon. Fished it Thursday without success. I heard there was a good bite at low slack Thursday.
Good Luck and may the Fish be with you!

#95315 - 09/02/00 02:19 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
Bigdog2250 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Stanwood,Wa
Fishguts,If you are fishin at Baitbox for Salmon,you better have some bail money with you.Better to wait for the 16th.That is area 8-2.Going out to Possesion this afternoon(Sat.).Gonna try a small glow or white B2 squid with a twinkle skirt.Let y'all know what's shakin.

#95316 - 09/03/00 02:45 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Bigdog;
http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/fishregs.htm (about the fourth one down)

(Hey, my link doesn't work from here. What am I doing wrong? Getting a message that says it may be blocked?) This is a great place to look for info on openers, closures, etc)

Me, and about 25 others fished the "bait box" without success. Saw a number of Trollers who obviously are fishing illegally out in front.

Went by Bush Point on the way out. Same stroy there. Too early?

Anyway, how did you do on possession Bigdog?
Guts

[This message has been edited by Fishguts (edited 09-03-2000).]

#95317 - 09/03/00 04:27 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
Bigdog2250 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Couldn't make link work but I'll look through my regs.Are you fishin' from shore?Fished green bouy to west.Lots of shakers,3 small blackmouth(safely returned)and 2 small(3#)Coho.We got real lucky on the Coho.They aren't here yet.Goin' out after work(Sun.).Maybe try up at Bush or Lagoon.Otherwise we'll keep prospecting.Will let you know when the Boy's are in.

#95318 - 09/04/00 01:49 AM Re: Area 9...reports?
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Hit 7 silvers while I was out(3#-7#), gotta find the bait cuz thats what I did.

#95319 - 09/04/00 08:07 AM Re: Area 9...reports?
Bigdog2250 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Went out to Possesion at about 2:00.Da vind she vas a blowin an da vaves dey vere a crashin'.Needless to say no poles in the water. Headed over to Baitbox to see Fishguts and his buddies.Fishguts:were ya there?Saw a couple of boats trolling in area 8-2.Bad boys!!Still waiting.Got a report from Lagoon point:Nothing yet.

#95320 - 09/04/00 02:16 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Didn't make it up there yesterday. I think I will wait for a week or two.

Regarding the wdfw site: There is a lot of really good info there. You can download a PDF file of the regs, print out the specific page you are looking for. I'm not sure why the link won't work, but if you go to [URL=http://www.wa.gov/wdfw[/URL] click on fishing, it will take you to the news releases. My machine here at home is S L O W, so that might not be exactly right. I didn't know it (Bait Box) had opened until I found the news release there. I have it as a favorite and look at it pretty regularly. I was watching for the LW Sockeye opener, and picked up the anouncement within a few minutes of it being released. Check it out.

Will be trolling Area 10 with the normal Tuesday Night crowd. We got a Chinook (released) in about 2 minutes last week and then nothing. Been doing Fair on Dungeness.

Too bad about the wind. Better Luck.
Guts

[This message has been edited by Fishguts (edited 09-04-2000).]

#95321 - 09/04/00 10:35 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
steely Offline
Parr

Where are the silvers? Tried Possession this AM, lots of shakers, blackmouth, seals, porpoise, but no keepers. Is it any better at Bush or Lagoon or No Point or Browns Bay? I've never seen it so slow at Possession on Labor Day before.

#95322 - 09/04/00 11:00 PM Re: Area 9...reports?
IronFisherman Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Silverdale, Washington, U.S.
I went out to my secret spot in area nine this morning and my father and I managed to land five over eighteen inches we let two go. We were using buzz bombs and flies.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 560 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |