Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101311 - 12/16/00 02:38 PM Stew's Kalama River (mis) adventure
Anonymous
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was just one of those days for yours truly today on the banks of the Kalama river in SW Washington. I was fishing the drift about 1/2 mile above Pritchards store and it looked real promising! The river had that green color we all desire and there was no one else around. It was one of those drift that you could fish all day and not lose a rig or slinky so all I had to do was wait for a fish to take my rag and egg setup. I decided to put a little egg scent in my rag set-up and while "injecting" the oil into the rag the top came off and the oil went everywhere including all over me
transforming me into a giant green and brown rag. After I rinsed as much of the slimy stuff off of me as I could I proceeded to continue fishing. My first cast with my oil covered gloves caused my rod to fly out of my slippery hand so rod,vintage rebuilt Ambassaduer reel and my dignity went sailing into the cold water. As I watched my rod and reel go "drifting" down the river I had to act fast and in I went. Luckily I managed to retrieve my gear and save the day but 40 degree tempeture and soaking wet put an end to my fishing for the day. I thought everyone my get a chuckle out of this.

#101312 - 12/16/00 11:34 PM Re: Stew's Kalama River (mis) adventure
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Well Stew;
You know why there wasn't any one around?

They were all up in the canyon, KB, Tramp, Tad, and them.

How'd the cleanup go? You guys sure didn't plan the weather nearly as well this time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL , AND TO ALL A BIG FISH!

Guts

#101313 - 12/17/00 01:22 PM Re: Stew's Kalama River (mis) adventure
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Stew glad to hear you got your gear back too bad it ended your fishing for the day. I have had some good ones on the kalama also. Once fishing from my drift boat with a friend. He went to put his pole in the pole holder well he missed the pole goes in the river and we watch it float down for a bit but as I pull the anchor to give chase it sinks to the bottem. Well we drift slowly down really bummed but still looking. 500 yards down river around the next bend we meet up with another boat and give them the old " any luck?" They answer "no fish but we did just catch a pole and reel" Yes it was my buddys. We were quite happy to get it back. One other time I was fishing alone. Had just tyed on a new wart grabed the pole wart swings around me gets stuck in the back of my vest. I reach around to unhook it and get a hook stuck in my finger. Now I am stuck. Can not get the vest off because of the pain in my finger every time I move. I really did not know what to do. At last I found a tree I could hook my vest to and slowly moved around till it came off. once I got the vest off the hook out of my finger and vest. Did the quick look around to make sure on one was looking and kept fishing.
Fishguts we had a good time clean up went well no rain. fish on.

------------------
dank
Keep The Rivers Clean! smile

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (I'm Still RichG, Excitable Bob), 547 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |