Hey guys...I got my boat and have to tell you all about it!!!

First of all I want to thank all of you for the wonderful information and tips you shared! AND for keeping in touch with me about boats you've seen that were worth looking into!

The Scoop:
*1978 18 foot Tiderunner (in wonderful shape!)
*1991 Evinrude 48 HP (50 hp actual) Just completely rebuilt last year! About 10 hrs. on it since! (I know it's smallish, but it's good on fuel and moves just fine!!!)
*EZ Loader Galvanized Trailer with Three New Tires...used 4X
*New Canvas Top
*Compass
*CB Radio
*Radio w/ Cassette
*New Fish Finder
*Fish Cooler (a nice BIG one!)
*Fish Net
*Anchor w/ rope
*Emergency Equipment
*Fire Extinguisher
*Life Preservers
*motor lever (for saving my BACK!!!)
*3 Gas Tanks
*Flare Gun
*Dual Batteries w/ Perko
*BIG Tackle box full of gear (Flashers, lures, jigs, tied leaders, weights, line)
*2 triton rods and reels
*Meatline rod and reel
*Halibut rod and reel (new)

PRICE: $3,000.....YES...it's AWESOME!!! SOUND...pretty (girls like that!)...safe...fuel efficient...handles like a dream!!!

I stopped in at the Narrows Marina and one of the "old timers" had lost interest in fishing, was getting tired and had it for sale! It had been for sale for a MONTH with no inquiries!!! He kept it in wonderful shape and took care of anything that came up that needed tending BEFORE it was a problem!!!

I don't remember who said when I find the right boat for me, I'll KNOW, but you were RIGHT!!!

I am so happy and relieved that I didn't settle for a junker to just get me by! I couldn't pass it up! I KNOW it was more than I intended to spend, but if I bought JUST a boat and motor for $2,000, by the time I got everything ELSE...it woulda been $3,000!

My 9.9 Mercury fits perfectly for the kicker and I KNOW MY MERC,, and love it!!! Always starts...first pull!!!

So I HAD TO SHARE MY GOOD FORTUNE with my friends at PP Board!

Thank you all once again for the encouragement and for keeping your eyes out for a good boat for me! It means a lot!!!

NOW...I've gotta catch me some fishies!!!

Floating Happily,
L...Farmgirl

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein