Sitting here in the dark reading my mail I came across a couple of items in the Audubon newsletter re Elwha.
In awalk and talk with the ONP's lead man on the project, Dr. Brian Winter, He is Quoted as saying that the project will take 2 (TWO) years to complete. However he went on to explain that the Port Angeles water supply and filtration system (one of the cost items we already disscussed in a previous post) will have to be finished first and projected a 4 (four) year time frame on that job.
So if they sarted on Monday morning they will be finished (according to this quote)sometime in 2006. I have hoovered around enough big construction project in my life to question the 4 year figure on the water system and I will do just that will let you all know more when I find out.
Additionaly the newsletter had an anouncement for a meeting October 18th at 7:00 P.M. Sequim Masonic Hall- South 5th Ave &Pine St. The Guest Speaker will be Brian Winters seems like a good place to get valid info on the Parks perspective.
Remember to write Slade and tell him to remove both dams now