--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was just one of those days for yours truly today on the banks of the Kalama river in SW Washington. I was fishing the drift about 1/2 mile above Pritchards store and it looked real promising! The river had that green color we all desire and there was no one else around. It was one of those drift that you could fish all day and not lose a rig or slinky so all I had to do was wait for a fish to take my rag and egg setup. I decided to put a little egg scent in my rag set-up and while "injecting" the oil into the rag the top came off and the oil went everywhere including all over me
transforming me into a giant green and brown rag. After I rinsed as much of the slimy stuff off of me as I could I proceeded to continue fishing. My first cast with my oil covered gloves caused my rod to fly out of my slippery hand so rod,vintage rebuilt Ambassaduer reel and my dignity went sailing into the cold water. As I watched my rod and reel go "drifting" down the river I had to act fast and in I went. Luckily I managed to retrieve my gear and save the day but 40 degree tempeture and soaking wet put an end to my fishing for the day. I thought everyone my get a chuckle out of this.