THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#912395 - 11/05/14 09:16 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Spokane, Whitman, and Asotin Counties all won for 594. Yakima, Benton, and Walla Walla Counties all had less than a 55 - 45 count against. This was not a case where the rest of the State went one direction and King County went another. For me, it's a proud day to be a Washingtonian!

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#912401 - 11/05/14 10:00 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: eddie]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: eddie
For me, it's a proud day to be a Washingtonian!

Uh---------O.K. it just proves to me that ignorance has no borders.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#912402 - 11/05/14 10:12 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

The whole state, conservatives and liberals alike are vulnerable to their own emotions. And that can over-ride logic when it comes to voting on an initiative like 594. Everyone wants to reduce gun violence. And background checks prevent felons and mentally disturbed people who are in the database from purchasing guns via any seller who is required to perform background checks. It all seems like it should work, so long as you don't consider that the overwhelming preponderance of gun acquisitions by felons and the mentally disturbed is not through sellers who perform background checks. And having 594 as law won't change that outcome one bit.

But at the emotional level, it seems like a win. After all, the proponents beat the NRA! Only time will show that it has no effect on reducing gun violence. It's possible that reducing gun violence wasn't actually the goal of the proponents, but that's a different story.

Sg

#912406 - 11/05/14 10:25 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth
For me, it's a proud day to be a Washingtonian!

Uh---------O.K. it just proves to me that ignorance has no borders.

True dat....geeeez

- Albert Einstein.

#912408 - 11/05/14 10:29 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: Sol Duc]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Salmo, I don't disagree. However for those of us who believe that the NRA is an organization that does not have the best interests of Americans at heart, a defeat for them is a good thing.

#912442 - 11/06/14 10:48 AM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: eddie]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Salmo, I don't disagree. However for those of us who believe that the NRA is an organization that does not have the best interests of Americans at heart, a defeat for them is a good thing.

Yikes. Anyone who is so partisan they would pass a law making law abiding citizens criminals just to have a 'win" against the NRA needs their voting rights rejected. And often I would agree, f--- the NRA but damn there has to be a better way. I can not believe I am saying it as I hate that they overrule the people but since they do it all the time anyway....I hope this is rejected by the courts.

Edited by docspud (11/06/14 10:50 AM)

#912447 - 11/06/14 11:46 AM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: ]
Tunacanner Offline
Parr

I also voted no on both measured.

eddie you are an idiot!!!!

#912450 - 11/06/14 12:03 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: Tunacanner]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

You guys only have yourselves to blame. You should've campaigned a lot harder on PP. We all know the power of this forum.

Maybe a few vote no 594 avatars wouldve bolstered the cause. You failed yourselves!

#912452 - 11/06/14 12:06 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: Tunacanner]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Tunacanner,

You don't come off as very bright yourself by calling Eddie an idiot. He has his reasons, and many of us disagree with him. Obviously a majority of voters did agree with him, however.

Sg

#912460 - 11/06/14 12:55 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: Salmo g.]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Isn't that the way it is. If you don't agree with me you are stupid.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#912464 - 11/06/14 01:05 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: Salmo g.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
We live in a state where any laws regarding gun rights are going to be skewed towards more restrictions, rather than less, if most voters are left to their own devices.

If we as gun owners want to buck that obvious disadvantage then we need to convince people who would otherwise vote for more restrictions to go against their kneejerk reactions to vote for them, and come over to our side.

To that end, the majority of gunowners who make the most noise are complete fuckin idiots like Sol Dunce, and spend exactly zero time trying to convince anyone who gun owners need to convince.

When any law restricting guns is proposed gun owners flip out and say stupid schit like "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!", and compare guns to spoons and hammers.

Guess how well that works?

Then laws are proposed to restrict people, rather than guns, which you would think gun owners would jump all over, especially considering they say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!" all the time.

Do they? Of course not...instead they answer with the one single answer that they have to every single issue that ever comes up...ever...in any conversation about guns:

We need more guns.

Back to the folks that need to be convinced to vote against their kneejerk reactions...they're already put off by the obvious hypocrisy in the typical gun owner's argument, and how do gun owners respond to that?

They call them idiots, and fools, and say all sorts of stupid schit that proves that they are probably not stable enough to even own a slingshot, much less a firearm.

Hell, idiots like Sol Dunce probably shouldn't even own a spoon.

When the great majority of the country sees a problem with gun violence, and the great majority of the country wants background checks and other things to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally unstable idiots, then something is going to change.

What is going to change is completely up to gun owners...if they want to effect useful change that they can live with then gun owners better damn well get their asses to the table and come up with something...anything...other than "we need more guns"...because that argument will never, ever, ever work.

Unfortunately gun owners can't stop stepping on their own dicks, they intentionally alienate the very voters they need on their side, and they act like complete imbeciles while they do it.

And then they complain about it...when it's their own fault.

Now my gun rights are further restricted in Washington State, and I don't fault all those darn liberals or anyone else who voted to do so...that's what they do, and what they will always do until another viable alternative is proposed.

No, I fault idiots like Sol Dunce, and the rest, who act like liberal plants in the debate, because they are far more effective at causing the restriction of gun rights than any liberal could ever be.

Ever.

Thanks.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#912562 - 11/06/14 10:58 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

If every gun owner presented as reasoned and cogent arguments as Todd and Dogfish (Salmo as well although I don't know if he is a gunowner), then I would be fine with unfettered access. However, that is not the case and it is led by the NRA that believes that any restriction on guns is "They're coming to take my guns away" which, by the way, has proven to be financially very successful for them. I believe that they need to be taken down a notch or two and this Initiative presented a very effective way to do that. Just as it is the right of a law-abiding citizen to bear arms, it is my right to vote in what I believe is my best self interest and in the best interests of my Country. And that I will continue to do.

For those that think I'm an idiot, please know that I've been called worse in a much more effective way. And yet somehow I survive.....

#912568 - 11/06/14 11:46 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: eddie]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

it is my right to vote in what I believe is my best self interest and in the best interests of my Country. And that I will continue to do.

Well of coarse you and every other legal voter have that right. And I have no doubt that you and many other voters will continue to vote believing that their vote is in their best interest, and (or) in the best interest of their Country. I do however question the ability of many voters to be able to understand either what is in their, or their Country's best interest. Of course possessing that ability has no bearing on the right to vote, which is why campaigns are run the way they are.

#912582 - 11/07/14 10:27 AM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: ]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Originally Posted By: 1LeggedMan
Change you can believe in.

You're not convinced yet????

#912595 - 11/07/14 02:21 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

The basketball czar?

#912677 - 11/08/14 11:49 AM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Speaking of czars, whatever became of our Ebola Czar? I haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

How much are we paying that dude to do nothing?

There is no need to worry, as once our new Attorney General is confirmed she will surely reign in Obama and put an end to his lawless ways.

#918066 - 01/07/15 11:13 PM Re: Political Correctness and initiative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#918071 - 01/08/15 01:09 AM Re: Political Correctness and initiative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

That guy is an idiot. Two minutes of research found this:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/docs/firearmsOnlineSlides.pdf

#918137 - 01/08/15 04:47 PM Re: Political Correctness and ininative 594. [Re: blackmouth]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

sat·ire
noun
noun: satire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

#918157 - 01/09/15 12:34 AM Re: Political Correctness and initiative 594. [Re: Keta]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Keta
That guy is an idiot. Two minutes of research found this:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/docs/firearmsOnlineSlides.pdf

That covers pistols only. There are other types of firearms.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |