Originally Posted By: Krijack
Not sure what slow or fast is anymore. I routinely go to Seattle on Sunday. Going 70 to 80 on average and routinely get blown by. About every 3rd or fourth week I see someone easily pushing 90 and occasionally higher than that. This generally is in fairly heavy traffic, so about half the time the guys are cutting back and forth. We watched one guy passing traffic on the inside shoulder to keep up his pace. Don't dare to go under 70 or you risk your life. In about 5 years of this commute I have seen about 4 or 5 police cars in the area between Federal Way and the North Seattle. Past Fife the traffic will often open up a little. In this area I routinely see the State Patrol and would not dare go over 70.

I guess I am getting old, but last year I got pulled over twice. Both involved city of Tacoma officers. The first I was going just slightly faster than the inside land through the port of Tacoma in heavy traffic. I was going around 65 in the 1.5 mile gap between lights. A city of Tacoma police officer pulled me over and I figured he got me somewhere in the high 60's. At this point he started berating me for going too slow. The second time was when another city of Tacoma police officer blew a light and came around a corner and had to lock up his brakes to keep from hitting me. I yelled at him to slow down when he swung around me. At that point he slammed on the brakes and pulled me over. Started yelling at me and said it was my fault. Both times I dared them to give me a ticket, at which point they stomped away.

From a person who probably drives more than 90% of the population and got multiple speeding tickets when I was younger, it is quite frustrating. Probably 75% of my prior tickets are for speeds that would get me killed if I was to try to go that slow now. I am completely confident that I could get a ticket for going to slow and too fast for the same spped coming from Seattle. The Seattle traffic is usually bumper to bumper and requiring speeds 10 miles higher than what will get me a ticket in Tacoma, where the traffic is wide open.

In New York ( Long Island ) they average 80 and there's seldom a jack hole going slow in the fast lane. I think the cops know they have to not enforce tickets because of the amount of cars that have to disperse. Manhattan is like a GD war zone. My friend would drive us there instead of the subway. I stayed with her for a 2 week vacation, she had to work about 5 days when I was there. On her way to work she would drop me off at a station in little Jamaica. Just like the movies.

One day I was at a crosswalk in the heart of the city with a group of people waiting for the light to say walk, a second before the light turned this little girl about 5 years old broke away from her Parents and was struck by this huge fancy 4 door Benzer. This Girl went flying about six feet in the air and landed about 60-70 feet from the crosswalk, my day was ruined, I was just about sick. Her Mom in a panic ran as fast as she could and proceeds to pick her up. We talked her into just leaving her on the street. She was out and was in grave condition. It took EMS forever because of the traffic. The man that hit her was the driver for fat Rosie Odonnel. Still to this day I don't know if she survived. You can't unsee somethings.

- Albert Einstein.