no hunting, just target stuff, so no need to really worry about packing it... it weighs 9 pounds naked, the same as the 700 i have...

i dont really have a lot of guns Parker, i have my XD which i bought used but basically new, 4 years ago, my .38 that i carry in the summer, used, a couple years ago, i have the 10/22 that i did about 3 years ago, the cheapo Mossberg 12 gauge that i paid 190 bucks for new, and that shotgun of Katies... oh, and my grandpas S & W Model 10-2 .38...

then more recently, the 700 that i got on sale, and a 150 dollar rebate on, the MPR that i got a excellent deal on at 742 out the door, and this, that i got on sale for 899 down from 1k+...

basically, ive stopped spending so much money on bullsh!t, and save, i set a "target" in this case was the Ruger RPR, which is 1500 bucks, well, after talking to several people, reading other forums, and whatnot, i didnt like what they had to say about certain things so i went with the Bergara...

so now, as with the MPR which i figured i would spend around 11-1200 for a AR, which i didnt, i saved 600 dollars from my original target of 1500....

which now lets me do 1 of 2 things... i can either rebarrel the MPR as i kinda want to, or, i can buy a .224 Valk upper, as both are going to be under that 600 dollar mark.... problem with the .224 im finding, is finding ammo for it... Walmart has 2 boxes of Federal and thats it... Sportsmans has none at all that ive seen....

after my dad died i kinda changed my perspective on how i did things... going to the bar and spending 500 bucks a weekend, buying people drinks, ect, just wasnt the right thing to be doing... so now, im much more alert and careful about what i do with money...

i honestly only enjoy doing 2 things, fishing, and shooting... so i direct my attention towards those 2 things, for the most part...

Driftin', i can actually get the ammo for the .300 cheaper, at like 23 bucks a box, but its not that great of ammo for what i want to do with it... hunting sure, accuracy that im expecting, not so much.... i do and have however wanted a chassis rifle, so i think im going to buy a chassis for it at some point in the near future maybe, havent decided... i could keep it as it is and go hunting with my brother for Elk with it... but i honestly dont really care to hunt.... havent decided on that... but not being allowed to shoot magnums at the base, means it sits here... so, who knows, maybe ill even end up trading it for something, like i said, havent decided yet....

got the rail today, its a Warne, [Bleeeeep!] Sportsmans charges alot.... i have the Wheeler wrench coming tomorrow, so i will wait till it gets here and do everything the right way the first time....

im also doing something different with "round testing" this time.... with the other rifles (AR was actually really easy), i ended up buying expensive ammo, getting everything sighted in, and by the time i was happy, and wanted to start trying other stuff to really get a good look at everything, i was out of ammo....

so i bought some S&B Tactical 140 grain FMJ ammo that was 13 bucks a box... then i got some Atomic with 142 grain SMK, some Winchester Match 140 BTHP, and some Hornady Match 147 grain ELD...

ill get it on paper with the S&B and start figuring out what it likes, faster, and cheaper....