Received this from a friend:

"I came across this yesterday during my routine "oversight" of the local NAs...the opening portion of the decree jumped off the page at me. Discussed "telephonically" on June 29th?--that hasn't even happened yet!! Putting the whole thing in perspective, I'm feeling as though this is more than just grist for mill. Referencing a "telephone call" after a "lack of agreement" caught my attention right from the get go.
note the date--WDFW had"delayed" going public re: Puget Sound Rec crab seasons up until just a few days back. The entire lower half of Hood Canal has been barren of Dungeness crab for over three years, and that's a fact..the upper half has been subject to nearly the same plight, but has been included in WDFW's seasonal options. My concern is this: how do you unilaterally open a 48 hr. COMMERCIAL AND SUBSISTENCE Tribal crabbing season estimated to see ten boats (?) employee thirty five pots each, and do so while professing adherence to resource conservation and sustained yield harvest? Furthermore, how can this be construed as anything more than outright greed and usurped authority that ignores any semblance of Co-Management?

The upper half of HC opens to crabbing on or about July 4th...good luck, Rec crabbers."

Skok Tribal Crab Announcement