Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
October 1, 2019

My observation of QIN netting, so far:

Many of the gill net boats are still tied up by the QIN fish house, up the Wishkah River.

Some set nets behind the Mall and of course the set net on South side of the river.

Minus tides have made the Chehalis around Aberdeen, dirty.....helps netters but raises hell with the small boat fishery. The behind the Mall sport casting public are catching SOME fish.....but I think more spinners are being lost, than fish caught.

Most of the river that drain into the Chehalis are opening today, 10/01/19, gota be fish, just have to find them.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for posting these!
They went back in again today, I was watching the net that is tied off from the Compass Point behind Walmart, to the pilings about sixty feet out. All of the floats were above water, and it didn't appear he was getting much of anything, which is strange because I have been fishing that exact spot from the bank since it opened.

That spot has been hot and cold since the opener, been able to keep one, lost many and have released about a half dozen kings so far. Yesterday, I fished the point and saw four caught in the late afternoon by the launch at the mouth of the Wishkah all of them hit less than three feet off shore. I have heard that Tractor Supply and Morrison Park are pretty hot too.

This year I have also seen an increasing number of people fishing the other side of the Chehalis from the launch, down to the dike.