I made a few trips. Here is what I saw and info I gathered from locals I trust when I get reports.

The Coho run did not materialize like they had predicted. I heard of 1 good day on the Quileute where most people got fish or limited on hatchery Coho.

Seemed like the ratio was at best 4 or 5 Un-Clipped fish to every 1 Hatchery fish. I saw a # of days where it was very spotty. A few fish, then nothing for sometimes hours. The internet etc has more people going over there. A lot of those people have NO CLUE as to what the proper way is to release a fish or the tools (pliers) to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if Hooking Mortality of Wild Coho was taken into consideration. When you see people dragging Wild fish up on the bank, struggling to get the hook out and then kicking the fish back in, it hurts us all. A lot of people are ignorant and are bringing that mentality over there. I do know the Quileute tribe has sat across the river over the years and watched the poor practices and have relayed those feelings to the state and park officials. It was a smart move.
I did suggest to a park official that they make an effort to educate the people that fish the park on how to take care of a fish so it has the best chance to survive. Seeing dead, chrome Coho floating down the river from being hooked is not a good thing if you are trying to keep a river open.