Any one ever file for a public disclosure release from the department? I am not sure if I have time, but think it would be real interesting to see what happens when I ask for the following
1. Any internal or external notes, emails, correspondence or exchanged data between the tribes and the Department relating to the original season setting,or relating to any discussions between the State, department, or tribes about the setting of the original season.
2. Any internal or external notes, emails, correspondence or exchanged data between the department and other state agencies or officials, including the governors office relating to the original season setting, or relating to any discussions between the State, department, or tribes original season.

and 3. and 4. the same information relating to the the ongoing season and the agreements to cancel the ongoing seasons.

If given, that might give us a much better insight into what really is happening. My guess is that they would try to hide between the nation to nation cloak of secrecy. Who knows, it might give someone a chance to blow open that veil of secrecy. I am just not sure I have the time, money or expertise to follow through on what probably will be necessary to get that information.