Just had this forwarded to me so I am posting for you all, And no to the question to if this was sent to the public. That is not how Chad Herring and Ron Warren do business, they like things nice and private.

This looks good until this, go to the Escapement Returns utilizing the link I posted a couple of days ago. Look to week of Oct 1 then Chinook and Naselle. Now look to the release column which are the fish put above the weir at the hatchery. It is 59 if I recall and the escapement goal is somewhere around 1400.

The devil makes me do this............. Hey CM what do you think of this conservation based management? Hope his wife is around to give him a whack to get the lungs working!

FROM MR. HERRING:

Good afternoon advisors,

Just wanted to follow-up with everyone concerning Willapa Bay fisheries. As discussed in the email chain below, Department staff have continued to monitor the recreational and commercial fisheries as well as the hatchery returns to date. Staff are currently working on updating the weekly mailer information and that should go out by the end of the week. Data collected to date indicates that there are remaining unmarked Chinook impacts available as well as coho runsize larger than the preseason prediction. Based on these factors the Department will be making additional changes to the preseason fishery plan. In a effort to focus recreational freshwater fisheries on abundant hatchery coho, the sections currently open in the Willapa River and Naselle River will see an increased bag limit of three adult salmon of which one may be a wild coho and a release requirement for unmarked Chinook. The section in the Naselle River from Hwy 4 bridge to the hatchery will remain closed until October 16th as planned preseason but will have the increased bag limit when it opens. All other traditional freshwater fishing areas of Willapa Bay that had been closed to salmon fishing this year will be open with a one adult bag limit with a release requirement for unmarked Chinook. These regulations are planned to take effect as of Saturday and run to their traditional closing dates. The commercial fishery schedule will be adjusted next week from two twelve-hour openers scheduled for Monday and Thursday to three openers planned for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Once again, thank you for your participation and submitting your thoughts on our advisory call.