Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Originally Posted By: ondarvr
I have little interest in sports, I don't watch or follow any college or professional sports.

Decades ago when watching sports was just what you did, no questions asked, it was part of the culture, I'd stay home and watch.

What I noticed was that I never regretted missing a game and actually doing something myself. But frequently I regretted wasting an afternoon, or even a full day sitting in front of a TV watching millionaires play a game that had absolutely zero effect on my life.

Win or lose my life went on the same, only I now had one fewer day(s) to do something that actually benefited me.

Mowing the lawn was more productive and satisfying than watching sports.

I'd take my kids and we'd do something together in the great outdoors, like digging snow caves and camping in them on Mt Rainier.
Or week long river floats on new rivers. Tracking animals in the snow was great, then showing them how the large predators tracked us.

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even a have clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Politics can directly affect just about every aspect of my daily life, for better or worse, so yes I'm going to pay attention.

To each their own regarding sports.

Let me rephrase, there is a lot of cool [Bleeeeep!], fishing, arts, movies, plays, books, that are waiting to be consumed and enjoyed. Meanwhile people are arguing about a presidential race where every single person have already made up their mind.

If Trump was leading the polls you would be all over politics D Wat! I haven't even watched the World Series. Mariners have never been there. Same with the NBA finals since the Sonics left town.

Edited by Steelheadman (10/25/20 10:13 AM)