Let's face it. The Department is balless. Mostly because of the institute they built, but perhaps more so due to the climate of appeasement that they are forced to accept from the top.

Kelly Susewind can't win. The cards are, and have been, stacked against him from the begining. He failed to make the sweeping personnel changes that were needed, and he relied on and trusted others that he shouldn't have.

The Commission is as much a part of the problem as anyone, and continuing to wait on them to grow a spine is useless since they answer to the Gov, and only the Gov. We all know how that goes.

Susewind has now realized just what a patsy position he holds. He tried to make a show of it. I give him credit for that. He's pushed to resolve the Skokomish land grab. But he quickly found out that he holds no cards worth playing. So now, instead of the Skokomish being opened, he's found himself begging for a return to the farce of "Negotiating" the North of Falcon.

I wish Susewind would have the balls to call the bluff. Let the Skokomish walk out of the negotiations. Maybe, just maybe someone would then take a look at how crooked the whole NOF process really is.

My bet is Ron Warren is already working a deal. Remember his moto:
"Any deal is better than no deal"

Look how well thats working out so far for recreational fishermen.

Here's the story:

Northwest Sportsmen: Skokomish River Boarder Disput Rises Again

Edited by Bay wolf (11/24/20 05:43 PM)