It's issues like these that make me wish my dad would have introduced me to golf (or some other gay hobby) rather than steelhead/salmon/crabbing/clamming and even big game hunting!!!

I'm not privy to the legal-speak in the assorted treaties and court cases to offer my synopsis of the situations. BUT, I've always wondered how a tribe continues to exist over time when their future members may fall short of the required % of tribal blood to be deemed a member? I remember the Colvilles lowered their requirement years ago (assuming for this reason??). Just keep dropping the minimum requirements, to keep the numbers up to stave off extinction?

Anymore, I feel it's a losing battle honestly. Seems that the political climate is just too big with too much CASH and POWER at stake? Quite obvious that the tribes want to continue to expand, and who can blame them?! There's enough PC out there now, that even if they are challenged it's very easy to play the "race card". Plus with the current political and racially charged environment, anyone/group who even tries to defend a position against a tribal group will suffer career suicide. I think the only way to try to get a point across is to somehow cut some money off...if that can even be accomplished? That's where Warren is headed, he's following the money I bet! (Turn the cash faucet off; fish, hatcheries, etc.Phuuck it! Close it down and re-boot!)