Originally Posted By: Reefskunk
I don’t buy the can stand in boat can’t stand on bank argument.

Boat to the left is my 17' jet boat......I sit 95% of the time in the boat, last 3-4 years my age, 80, and now a problem with balance. It is a struggle for me to move about my house. I CAN NOT CLIMB DOWN RIVER BANKS ANY MORE, I need a wading pole in the summer time, and can't wade in very deep water......winter steelhead, from the bank, is not something I can even think about doing, water flow just to much....those that know me, know that just to be on the river "helps keep me alive".

I even have a cane to get from my seat, in the jet boat, to get something out of storage, in the front of the boat......

Sunday, 12/13/2020 will be the last day I can enjoy something I've done for 75 years. Oh I'll fish again but with the decisions WDFW makes, probably not until August/September in the Chehalis River for Coho jacks and then adult Coho.

I'd give quite a bit to have the abilities I had just 5-6 years ago.....I think WDFW assumed everyone that fishes, should be able to jump out of a boat, go to the river bank and fish from there......many older adults are in for lots of boring, stay at home....because of this no fishing from a boat!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Be Safe.......Go Hawks !!!!

Edited by DrifterWA (12/12/20 09:18 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"