Originally Posted By: elparquito
Originally Posted By: Salman
What would I have to watch out for on the Sauk?

Swarms of elitist fairy wand swingers and locals, mostly. You may be haunted by Kid Sauk's ghost if he's in a ghoulish mood. See what I did there????

Expect someone to throw a fit (and maybe some rocks) if you are fishing from a boat (you know, unfair advantage and all) and "low hole" a swinger by casting your line in the water 1,000 yards below them. I hear that's a pretty common sight up there.

Be careful of the Sauk River Sodomy Shack.

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Collapsed clay bank, Huge slides, and puking mud and whole trees in the river thru May. I wouldnt go, river is milk toast.

Yeah, and stay off of Sky-Guy's home river!

rofl

Certainly do not even think about fishing it in April. Near Dan's Creek. Totally not worth it!

And if you're a Plug Monkey, don't even think about plugging the fastest, deepest, knarliest, boulder infested runs on the river! Like the one above the Suattle. Not a fish will ever be found there by a plug! Ever.

Put away those stupid pink worms as nothing lives under the wood in that river. Just beavers.

Spoons? Forget about it. The Sauk fish are not aggressive or large and run for cover if they see a shiny spoon.

Even the large dolly's up there want nothing to do with a big, green, streamer clouser type fly or something like a 4" long minnow casting plug.

Did I miss anything?

The Paker nailed it. I've seen all that and more on the Sauk, including drift boats wedged into log jams as I paddled my canoe on down the river.