Well I thought I would help folks that are a little confused or a better way to say, in the dark. Since the Commission adopted the Willapa Policy it has become the poster child for WDFD refusing to comply. The Advocacy has been after them from day one and still is. As to WDFW dropping the Willapa and Grays Harbor Advisers I am not aware of any notice of our termination other than not being on the NOF Agenda and comments at Commission meetings made by Mr. Warren. Which I believe along the lines that we have gotten old and cranky. Old yup that is true. Cranky, nah we were always cranky we just got smarter!

First up:

February 22, 2021
To: The Honorable Members of the WDFW Commission
Re: Notice of Breach of Willapa Bay Settlement Agreement

On July 27, 2018, the Twin Harbors Fish & Wildlife Advocacy entered into a settlement to Thurston County Superior Court Cause No. 17-2-05550-34 which dealt with season setting in Willapa Bay. The settlement agreement states:

7. Dispute Resolution. Prior to initiating any action relating to this Agreement, a contesting party shall provide written notice of a dispute, outlining the substance of the dispute, and requesting a conference to see if the dispute can be resolved short of litigation. Thereafter, the parties shall engage in at least one substantive meeting and use good faith efforts to seek resolution.

Attached for your review is notice from the Twin Harbors Fish & Wildlife Advocacy of its assertion that the Department of Fish & Wildlife, in conjunction with actions of members of the Commission, have breached said agreement. Accordingly, the Advocacy requests a conference to see if the dispute can be resolved short of litigation in accordance with section 7. stated above.

The attached notice contains the history of litigation surrounding the Department's actions in Willapa Bay that documents its reluctance to adhere to state statutes and follow the path of transparency and utilize the standards of professionalism and good faith dealings when engaging the public and the Commission on matters related to salmon management in Willapa Bay. Additionally, the attached notice contains a detailed list of the breaches of the Agreement that have occurred and if not redressed, will likely reoccur in the near future.
Respectfully,

Tim Hamilton, President
Twin Harbors Fish & Wildlife Advocacy