I will always hold that the true effect of a presidency can only be viewed in retrospect, looking back after a long period to see what the lasting consequences are. Right now lumber prices are up as much as 171% since the pandemic took place. Gas prices are up around 45% in the past year. Housing prices and rents are soaring. With the recent stimulus checks, consumer spending could go up. Does this point to inflation in the near future, and if so, who is to blame. I would think it would generally be Trumps fault, but come to be during Biden's administration. How he handles it, though, would be all on him.

On a different not, I recently was looking at the numbers on a large commercial project that was going in. They just did not add up, until I realized the investor was getting money for just under 3%. At that rate, they appear to be barely breaking even, hoping to make a profit over time. The problem is, to get this rate they likely have a 5 year call. So, what happens if interest rates are increased to slow down inflation? How many of these projects suddenly become unprofitable when they are forced to refinance? Will the projects fail, causing problems in the banking industry? By the time any of this happens, we could be looking at a totally different presidency. Will the resulting economic down turn be his fault?

Of course, none of it could happen. Maybe changes will be made that will prevent it, Everything is debatable, but in the long term it can be come clearer.