Launched at 0'dark 30 to fish Point Shushshush. Fished a couple of passes with just a single takedown that didn't stick. Then the motor died and wouldn't restart. We kept the rods out because if you are adrift in a disabled vessel you might as well be fishing, what else do you have to do? Just as I was rowing the boat to shore frantically paddling to get to the beach to call vessel assistance, I was saying "I'm going to have to change my screen name to Frantic Paddler... FISH!" One of the rods had folded over and while it was getting reeled in the other rod folds down hard. We had drifted pretty close so to shore so we figured it was bottom, then it popped back up and we knew we had a double on. I grabbed that second rod and set the hook on the hawg pictured below.

It was a screamer, peeling line and diving deep. Finally when I was able to get it to the surface, it saw my addicted flatbrim hat, it decided it wanted to join the addict crew and jumped right in the boat. I took that paddle and clubbed him on the head. We landed the other fish which was a barely legal sized king but we bonked it anyway because I like my kings like I like my women: barely legal, smelling of fish and after a good paddling. After the current had pushed us away from the beach we were bobbing there and I used what I learned in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance to diagnose the problem--find what is wrong or find out why you don't know what is wrong. There was a kink in the fuel line kinkier than those basement dungeons in the clubs Todd takes his women to. After we unkinked it, the motor roared to life so we took our kinky kings and busted out of there knowing that we did better on our fishing expedition than the FBI did at Mar-a-Lago netting nothing more than Melina's panties for Biden to sniff.