Darth baiter-
I merely suggested that anyone wishes to advocate for this fishery the ideas suggested might be useful. Of course if not one is willing to take up the banner then disregard.

The relative WDFW Commission Policy is C3608 -North of Falcon Policy. Under that policy in the Puget Sound section Chinook and coho section the key sentence is

"When managing sport fisheries in this region, recreational opportunities will be distributed equitably across fishing areas, considering factors such as: the uniqueness of each area, the availability of opportunities for various species in each area throughout the season; the desire to provide high levels of total recreational opportunity and biological impacts."

As I mentioned before at the end of this year's NOF there was no one advocating for the Skykomish fishery. If that is the same next year expect similar seasons.

Something I have observed about recreational fishers is that nearly everyone has an opinion, many are more than willing to compliant about unfair treatment but damn few are willing to roll up their sleeves to go to work to change things. As long we collectively rely on a tiny handful of folks to do the work we will see the lion share of any opportunities going to where that work is being done.

Good Luck!

Curt