whats interesting, is me and one of my best friends (younger than me), have been talking about this for the last couple years, he has a place up there on the Kenai, and has his entire life, and has a few friends up there, including one on the AK board of fisheries or whatever its called...

we have been talking about bycatch for the last year or so, as well as the coastal situation and the Columbia where we fish a lot...

people look at him crazy when he states these exact things, like he is some consipiracy theorist, then here comes someone that verifies it, or one of you guys do...

pretty amazing, and aggrivating as well...

i cant find the article off hand, but have a couple others on it, but the Yukon, in one it showed that zero Chum were harvested by sportsman/tribe, yet 1.2 million were harvested by prosessors...

they also report a certain amount of bycatch, but not many seem to grasp that 70-80 percent of "bycatch" of salmon, actually get smooshed through the nets because they are so small and the pressure pushing on them, making it effectively like a cheese grater...

also, if a crab is missing a leg, its not counted in bycatch, as its not a "whole" crab...

the elephant in the room, is none other than Trident Seafoods, whome should be disbaned immediately, but we know that wont happen...

pay attention to the Columbia, its about to close in 5 days, because there isnt really any fish around for the most part, but the netters are coming in a week or so later...