Hey Rich G,

Sorry you couldn't make it. I left the dock at 6:15am because of the minus tide. I didn't want to get stuck in the boat basin, so I left a few minutes early.

#1. 86 fish to the boat. 18 small kings, 5-10 lbs. 6 humpies, biggest was 8.2lbs cleaned.
62 silvers from 2lbs to 13lbs and there were a lot of those hook nose fish showing up.
The average fish was running much larger than three weeks ago! All fish were caught on brined plug cut herring.

I tried to fish both an apex plug and a coyote spoon, but had no fish after 30 minutes with each, while the plug cut herring rod had at least 10 fish each for the same time period. I like the idea of not messing with the bait and getting your line back into the water quickly, but I would have rather had two rods with fish on, instead of one. Any suggestions?

My son and I finished at 8:15am yesterday and were able to make it into the end of the boat basin at the Coho resort, but no further as there was a minus 1.9 tide. It is kind of hard to pull out your boat when there is 80 yards of mud between you and the ramp. This put a crimp in our plans, as we had wanted to get on the road and get home early. We ended up pulling out at 10:30am and we were only the second boat to be able to retrieve. My fault for not knowing just how low the tide was going to be.

#2. How were the boat ramps at Olson's or Van Ripers? Were folks able to retrieve their boats at low tide, or were they out of luck as well?

Thanks for your reports as well.

4salt (Mark), It was nice to meet you. See you up there again some time. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.