Well, as I posted last night in the PWV thread, I landed a finclipped winter steelie yesterday with a rubber worm. First cast in this hole and my first time ever to try the worm! BUT, what I was wondering was which brand you experts think is best. As well as which color, next to pink, is best.

The color I landed my fish on was 'Bubblegum' (essentially pink) and it was a 'PowerBait Tournament Strength 4" crawler' which I had cut the top inch off of. After I broke the pink worm off a few minutes later after landing the fish, I looked in my gear for the package of worms I thought I'd brought with me, but couldn't find it. Thinking I may had lost that package and that this worm thing may become very popular in the future, I went to the store later and looked for these pink PowerBait worms. Nobody had them! But, I did discover some other similar looking worms and bought them. One package has 10 'tango' colored, 5", brine series worms and is made by 'Western Plastics'. The package says these worms are 'hand poured'. The other two packages are made by 'Griffith Rubber Mills'. They are called 'Seducers'. One package has 10 ' Lil Thumper/BC Orange' colored 3" worms with tails that look like a miniature beaver's tail. The other package has 10 'Shot Worms/Steelhead Pink' colored 4 1/2" worms. Both of these packages look as those there is salt in them. Also, both packages have a picture of a bird and below it the words 'Big Poly'. If any of you have heard good things or bad things about these worms or have used/currently are using them and like them/caught fish on them please tell me about it! smile I'd sure appreciate any feedback anybody give me! smile

Think I'm going to go fishing this afternoon ( already opened presents and ate Christmas breakfast wink ) and try some more pink worms now that I have a bunch! Will post again tonight if I hook another fish on them.

Also, one more question for you experts. Do you use some sort of a stopper above the pink worm and birdie while driftfishing the setup? I noticed that when I would cast the worm would sink first and the birdie/beads would slid up the line producing a non-floating worm. Maybe jam a tooth pick in a bead above the birdie an inch or so? Might this work? I think I am going to prefer to driftfish worms over floatfishing them. Just my preference so any input would be great about how to keep the worm afloat out there.

BTW, the river I was fishing in wasn't crystal clear. Maybe about two feet of visibility. cool

Thanks and a Happy Holidays to ya'll! smile