Okay, I know it is a cliche topic with it being the first of January and all but it would be intresting to hear what everyone's New Year's Resolutions are.

For me I am set on getting a steelhead to the surface fly. I have tried and tried and it got an excellent primer from a freind of mine on the Cowlitz this past fall. Hopefully this summer/fall would be the year. I've got it pictured in my mind...#20 pound steelie crashing my Waker as it skates across the Thompson. laugh

Secondly, I would love to get some coho up to poppers. I saw a freind do it this fall and I've heard some great stories about some fantastic surface fly fishing for coho. I know the spot, I know the tides, now I just have to get the technique down and stick with it.

And finally, there are a couple upper sections of a couple rivers I would love to explore for summer run steelies. One is local and one is on the Coast...this is my goal every year but every year I head back to the same spots and stand amongst the same 20 guys.

And a not fishing related New Year's resolution...this year, I will work on keeping my foot out my mouth as much as possible. eek eek