I have found that the manufactures play alot of games with the diameter and #test specs they print on the packaging. How many people really measure the thickness or do any breaking tests? Even if tests are performed,they are usually very unscientific. Maxima ultra green is a very popular line and I have to agree it is one of the best, but if you measure it you will find it is larger in diameter than the package states and the stated diameter is larger than most other lines of the same #test. Of couse this will give the impression that it is stronger/better than the others. For me the real test of a line is not only the strenght/diameter ratio,but based on my impression of how the line holds up to actual fishing conditions over a period of time. Does it seem to lose all its strenth after breaking off snags? Does it have good knot strenth with knots that can be tied when your fingers are frozen? Does the line break at the first unseen nick? Does it hold up to pulling a fish around a snag. Is it stiff , have alot of memory or come off the reel bad? These are all things I take note of when deciding which line is best. They are all mostly opinion so what works for me might be crap for others. Also a good line for one type of fishing might be crap for some other type of gear. The line I like best for the river fishing I do at this time is Yo-zuri camo green(mono). It has excellent strength to diameter ratio,very abrasion resistant and has taken all the abuse I have given it with no problems. Really good line. For the salt, trolling jigging mooching I like Power pro with yo-zuri leader.