Good ideas RM. If some of us do some tests the best we can get to and post the results here, they will give credence or not to the published tests that fp has. Posting that would be great FP! Someone with a fax, scanner, and ability to convert it to a post in this BB, pleawse help. Thanks. Then the guys can have at it wink , with friendly debate about line preformance. ...

Member Coot is a very knowledgable guy; I think with engineering background. He e-mailed me some testing ideas to get more accurate definitive results. But it may be too complicated? Maybe Bud (Coot) will post those ideas here if anyone wants to pursue them. ... Any tests or river experiences you guys would post about here should help us all to better pick a line suitable to our fishing style and specific and rivers.

EDIT: In the other 'Superbraid lines ....' thread, John Hookem posted about an extensive line test to access (published in Sportfishing mag and their website:

John Lee Hookum posted 01-04-2002 07:10pm
There is good news. A scientic testing of 85 lines
rated "20 pounds" has been completed. Its is posted in the October issue of Sports Fishing
magazine.(www.sportsfishingmag.com) It compares
the 1.( Tensile & Abrasion) combined rating,2.
(Tensile-Strength) rating, and 3.(Abrasion-Strength rating. It also give the (Mean Wet Break
Strength. This is a very detailed a well presented
study. The article is by Doug Olander. I have the
9 page report if someone wants a copy. To get a
copy just E-maill me and I will get it to you for
cost of copying and postage." E-mail John for copies - or access the test online.
---------------

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: RT ]