I hate vests as I have always found them way to constricting so the past couple years I have been fishing out of one of those killer Sage backpacks...throw it on the bank and fish a run.

Its a great tool for gear fishing when I am carrying a load of sh1t but when I am throwing the bugrod which is most of the summer and doing alot of walking, I dont need the cappacity of the backpack and I like fishing through a run and moving to the next, not having to walk back up to grab my bag.

For a while I was using my Guide Jacket as a vest because it worked great, except in the heat of the summer.

Well, I found the perfect compromise, it is the William Joseph Coastal Pack and is a cross between a vest and a backpack. It has an incredible amount of storage with a very intelligent design and TONS of kick ass features. Best of all it does NOT constrict my movement...especially nice for Spey casting. And because it has 3 differnt adjustments, there is an infinite amount of ways you can position it on your body to keep it out of the way.

Just thought I would pass it on since so many of us are always looking for the perfect way to carry all our crap with us on the river.

For more info see: William Joseph Coastal Pack