I know the counts are lower then last week but I have noticed that every time the locks open and the boats come through there seems to be a big school that comes up with them. So these are really not being counted since they are not going through the ladder. I can see hundreds and hundres of Sockeyes in front of my office every day and it does not seem to end. Now I can finaly target these guys in the lake this weekend.

The other thing I was wondering was I know you can't fish for any thing till you are above the 400' mark above the locks for steelhead and other gamefish and no Salmon. But there are guys fishing from private piers and slips just above the 400' mark. I told them you can't fish for Sockeye unless it is open and when it is open you can fish only south of the 520 bridge.
They told me its private property and the F&G never had problems with it. I have even witnessed the Coast guard , Harbor Patrol and even a fish checkers boat go by these guys and said nothing other then wave and ask how they are doing. Is this true about the private property exemption?

Any ways good luck to all on the lake this week.
See you out there.