Here's why I will vote yes on R-51.

1. I am sick of sitting in traffic jams. I can't go where I want, when I want, without always wondering how bad the traffic might be. To me that is a loss of my freedom.

2. Even with a .09 cent a gallon gas tax our gas is dirt cheap. In real inflation adjusted dollars its even cheaper now than back in the "good old days" when it was .32 a gallon. If you don't beleive me do th math. Been to Canada lately? Their gas is much more expensive than ours. Same with Europe and most of the world.
We can easily afford this tax!

3. If you consider all the wasted gas, lost time and lost lives we endure becasue we were too cheap to fix this mess years ago, this is a darn cheap soultion. Why do you think both republicans and democrats are backing this?
4. I understabd that R-51 won't fix all our problems and I understand that we will have to continue to fund transportation projects even after the initiative money is gone. So what? Doing this is better than doing nothing. The current transportation mess is choking our area and hurting our economy. Remember one reason Boeing gave for moving their headquarters to Chicago was the transportation mess in Puget Sound hurting thei ability to get business done.

5. I understand that to get something I have to pay for it. What fairer tax than to charge those who buy the gas to drive on the roads?

A local politician is running on a platfrom of better transportation and lower taxes. I'm telling ya it can't be done. There is no free lunch.