SS ... I like the basic prmise of these for a patch smile How 'bout a couple of tweaks and we'll see what we think then!

How 'bout losing the "Bob's", we rarely use that other than in offical transactions.

An unitalicized font ... they rarely do well in a circular pattern ... Tahoma is generally what we use in most cases.

Actually, our 800 number is an 866 number ... all those "dish" companies killed eveything else with "fish".

I'd love to see the black one with a red border and white lettering wink

RRR ... Never really had any "plans" really when I firsted whipped up a few pages in 1997. I remeber it took me about two days just to make a couple basic images and get one page together.

Things just slowly grew over the years. It was fun watching the number of pages served up go from a few dozen a day in the early years to abround 20,000+ on an average day in the peak (winter) season now smile

Lots of pro's and con's ... my life has certainly changed, I never imagined how many hours I'd spend working on things when I first started up the site ... but it's certainly a part of my life I enjoy now, even though it has made me wish many a times that there were 30 hours in day smile

Happy to see a group like the WSC springboard out of the foum ... saddened to see others blame fishery woes on the site, but that's nothing new for many of Washington state's anglers.

Often lumped together with F&H News sensationalism, I like to look at things a little differently. Years ago, when I started up guiding, F&H News often called looking for info. Even at that point, I was hesitant to give up specifics ... but they usually had "form articles" already in place where they simply inserted guide's name and river name that was rehashed from previous years anyhow.

The calls from them were fewer and fewer as I made mention to previous editor's how quotes from discussions with them with all be tied together to always make fishing look good regardless of conditions.

That's where my reports page came from ... an honest asseseement of river consitions and basic fishing info. Sometimes good, sometimes bad ... I figured someone was gonna do it and it might as well be a realistic assessment of prospects and perhaps I could educate anglers somewhat as well. I had grown tired of the "fishing is always good, book a trip with me" attitudes and reports that I so often saw.

Some love it, some hate it ... others don't care either way.

There will be a day when we'll see statewide C&R in this state, and it's my hope that the site will be partially to credit for that. When that day comes there will be plenty of fallout, both good and bad, but I've learned to expect that and willingly go forth with an attitude of putting the fish first.

Six year anniversary next month ... hope to celebrate lots more down the road with plenty more fish tales to be told by all!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"