Its rare to have a bad day fishing, but 2 in a row????

Day one- Neah Bay with my chronically sea sick best friend who wont give up fishing in the salt. He bats a thousand for sea sickness. He decides to throw up INSIDE my boat, then doesn't notice the motor cowling as it blows off my 2001 yamaha 4 stroke motor while making a run to the top of our trolling area. It must have sank like a rock, we looked for it for an hour. He was sitting 2 feet away looking right at it! That little mistake cost me $350.... and 4 weeks wait for the new one to be backordered mad

Day two- Again fishing Neah Bay with another friend. He hooks a nice silver and gets it next to the boat. I forgot my polorized sunglasses and am wearing regular sunglasses so I cant see if the fish is clipped. After several passes by the boat without being able to tell, I decide to wet my hand and tail the fish long enough to get a peek. My buddy is trying to get a good look too while I am leaning over the side, I reach, grab the flasher and reach for the tail... the fish thrashes and sends the hook into deep into the joint on my pinky. the fish was clipped but of course I dropped it.... I tell my friend his hook better be pinched to which he replies it is. WRONG! Size 2/0 gamakatsu buried into my finger WAY past the supposedly pinched barb! beathead Now I'm pissed. evil After a rather lengthy swearing session. We picked up and left.

I will not be fishing tomorrow. I'm taking the day off and maybe sunday too... Hopefully my bad karma will disappear after a little family time. My barbed hook friend will be finding bananas in every vest pocket and tackle box he owns for the next few trips. banana

Going to bed now, thanks for the vent time!