I saw the TR-1 operate on a SeaSport in the Columbia River on autopilot connected to the GPS...very impressive how the hydraulics whizzed back and forth to keep the boat from swinging side to side in the current. All the wires bugged me though as we were tripping on them. The thing that concerned me was all the parts and the fairly complicated mechanism working overtime in the salt water...Just seems like a very expensive and possibly delicate device that may be prone to premature failure. No evidence of that but just a worry. It does bug me that all the SeaSport guys have these kickers and no outside steering and controls as it is available from SeaSport....climbing inside the cabin to steer and read the depth finder is a pain in the ass. Too bad you have to spend $3000 for a wireless remote. Does the new TR-1 tilt the motor? if not that is also a drawback. I saw one such device at the boat show that someone was demonstrating...it tilted the kicker and steered it all from a wireless remote..I was impressed but not in the market so I didn't see what brand it was. All I know is it did it all.

Side note....watching people trolling with a kicker while sitting on the stern holding onto the tiller gives me chicken skin. Soooo unnecessary these days. At the very minimum an EZ Steer eliminates having to sit out there. The TR-1 has the ability to fine tune trolling speed whereas the cable throttle isn't very easy to finesse.

Slab...If you spend your life savings on the
TR-1 you won't be able to go fishing...