f&j,
Sorry I couldn't resist earlier.
But seriously, fishing the Green is generally not much different than fishing for summers anywhere else. But if you don't mind hiking, I have found that the Green does lend itself better than some rivers to a technique that is more like stalking or hunting fish than your typical cast and thrash style of fishing. After the light was up, we would spend the bulk of our time cruising the headworks or the canyon away from the river to look down and spot fish before casting to them. Where they were situated usually determined how we fished for them. Spotting fish and then casting spoons, spinners and jigs worked better for me than soaking bait in the deeper pools. If the fish didn't move after our first attempts sometimes we'd even toss a big red mag wart or Kwick fish with surprising results (didn't have pink worms back then). When all else failed, we'd fish the riffles and fast water hard before moving on to spot more fish.
Hope that helps.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”