A little info I was told about today my favorite fishery. I will start from the beginning...

In 1994 recreational fishers agreed to increase the cost of sport fishing license from $8 to $18 to start a program to enhance Puget Sound hatchery Chinook production. The Skykomish was included in this in 1996 by enhancing the Summer chinook production. Since that time the stocks have done well, very well! And beginning in 2002, a selective fishery was introduced into the Sky, with very good success! The season was set for two months with one hatchery Chinook per day limit.

In a recent article in the Herald(Everett) Chad Jackson was quoted by Wayne Kruse saying that funding would not allow expansion of this fishery (enforcement and monitoring).

It blows my mind that we paid for these fish for the last 8 years and now they are trying to take away this fishery we just got back and has been very productive! Not to mention that last yrs projection was 5200 and this yrs is 15300 marked Chinook! Dont they have to monitor Summer Steelhead? So they would be out there patrolling anyhow... Just makes me mad!

We ALL need to attend the meeting in Mill Creek at the region 4 WDFW building! And voice our opinions! 6PM. See you all tomorrow.