I only use braided lines for floats, but when running mono for kings, I put the screws to 'em. Tight drags all the way.

The key when using bait behind a diver, or Kwikies is to wait...wait...wait...wait.... Once they turn with it, set the hook as if you're gonna break the rod.

The Really Big One gives a great example of how to set the hook for his Ditch Fish. Half the people flinch, and scream like little children at the sight of him setting the hook like there is no tomorrow!

Let's say you've waited, the 50 pound Ditch fish has turned, the rod is pegged, and line is peeling away at a furious pace. Any attempts to try to just lift the rod up, one or two handed, will be futile, and you'll lose the fish. What you should do is straighten out your arm and make a hook or "J" with your fingers. Place this "J" (IE, your bent fingers") under neath the rod, just above the reel. Do not put any fingers on the line, as you'll either cut the line, or get badly burned. With all your might and quickness, forecfully lift the rod straight up in the air! This takes some power as a 50 pound Ditch fish has your rod pinned horizontal to the water! Yank that damn rod up with all your might! Don't be afraid to bust a rod, as you won't, but it will feel like it. With the rod straight up and pointing towards the sky, you will easily (and quickly) be able to get the rod out of the rod holder and begin the battle.

Not only does it set the hooks, but it allows for you to easily and quickly get a pinned rod out of the rod holder.

One of these seasons, I'll make a video of it. I pretty much live for the K-15 take down and the hookset that follows.

I'd be willing to bet that most people lose fish on divers or Kwickies because they failed to wait, or they failed to properly and aggressively set the hook correctly. I see it all the time when out fishing in other boats.