Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
"Were you with your entire family of 6 half of them being under the age of 6?"

First off I would never have more kids than I was capable of taking care of specifically if I lived 8 feet below sea level and a cat 5 hurricane was parked out my front door for a week.
If I was I would even be more cautious and would have had them out of there long before the shait hit. It is a parents number 1 responsibility. I have a year or twos worth of provisions here enough vacume packed seeds and othe self sustaining items to last for years. I have taught my kids how to survive just for that very reason. I will not always be here and they need to know what to do.
It doesn't matter that you would never have that many kids. what matters is your claim that these people should have gotten out already. My point is there are entire families that were incapable of hitchiking out of New Oreans and your weak attempt to make a comparison to when you went on a hiking trip after St.Helens erupted. It is one thing to responsible for yourself and another to be responsible for an entire family and sometimes extended family.